Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Visual Entertainment

Easter weekend was first time in a long time that I've been to see 2 films in the cinema in quick succession. There hasn't really been much on lately so the last time I'd been was when I posted last.

On Friday I watched watched Blades of Glory, a new film from Will Ferrell, and on Sunday I watched Sunshine, a new film from Danny Boyle. Both had pretty good reviews so there was some expectation when the lights went down. Luckily they were both excellent and exactly what I had envisioned. The former being a predictable and silly comedy that didn't cross the line of being just plain stupid; the latter was a very serious and slow science fiction "thriller", although the mushroom would probably question where the thrill was to be found. I've not watched 2001 properly but I would probably compare it with Sunshine in terms of style and pacing.

N

No comments: