Monday, October 30, 2006

A Belated Return (^_^)


Hhhheeerrss Simon!! :))))
So finally an update!! and the reason for such a long hiatus? just blame it on old laziness hehe
Also I spend a little more time on these things than your average joe Blog so you feel privileged!!!! lol
Anyway not much in the way of news. So I'll give a round-up of what's been different in the last few weeks.
First thing happened a while back now, but was still
very cool. I went to Tokyo (again!! :P) to see the Tokyo Yonex Japan Open!! Very cool :D It was on a Friday so I took the night bus on Thurday night at 11 pm and got to Tokyo on Friday morning at about 6 am. Man that was a rough journey!! next time I need to bring a pillow!! Was surreal to see Tokyo so early in the morning. Was pratically empty (^^)
Anyway the hall was very nice and quite packed which was suprising, although mostly older viewers I noticed. Here some pictures and video too!!




Got to see Taufik, Lin Dan, and Cai and Yu so I was well chuffed (^-^)
Had to take the Shinkansen back due to having work the next day. Bus is like hlaf the price of the bullet train so if it was possible I would have done that :/
The next week was a busy one, because I only had the one day off. The Sunday was taken up by a spot of teaching training. A tedious affair by all accounts but some nice ideas were given and we made the time fly by with lot of inappropiate jokes :P
That night the other teachers and I spent the night downing beers on school premises haha a good night ruined only by one of the teachers misplacing his ipod video :(((
On to last week and it turned out to be and ok week.
Work was work, Friday I played some Tennis rescheduled from my usual Sunday. The reason? I got to play some Badminton!!! woohoo!! Was so good to play again. Played ok considering I haven't played in so long. Have a mean cross court round the head jump smash now, but the other way is a bit iffy and needs work :/ Also got invited to another Badminton session on Saturday nights by some of the guys, and also to a tournament in November!! Which will be fun to the max!! Playing with an old man so I'll have to play all out and cover all the court but still, fun!! :D
And that's all folks, ja ne from the land of Japan.




S

No comments: