Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Futsuka


Zuzuku....
Monday :)
First a word about the other teachers who went over with me on this journey to Japan. All a very nice a friendly bunch, many surprisingly had never taught before and never been to Japan before!!! a double whammy!! Im only one out of two :P Taught but not been to Japan. Out of the people I talked to, and there were quite a few of us I think about 18 in all, I found two others who had taught before. One of them, Anthony, even worked at the same company I did in London!! Only at a different branch!! strange no? The other one,James, had taught in a few other countrys including Chile. Of the 18 only 7 would be training together. Anthony, Kate, Steve, and Andy were on the plane with me. James and another called Stephanie were already in Japan before the training began.
Next a bit about my appartment. Even though it only temporary it's pretty cool, and the guy who took me it,a lovely guy called Riahcard, said he was jealous because its bigger than his :P I got two rooms, with me


staying in the smaller one because it has the aircon in. Then the 'kitchen' bathroom' and 'hall' are all merged into one really.

Not bad no? wasnt really expecting too much so was quite happy really.
The flat is about 15minutes walk from the station
*interesting japanese quirk - on escalators Japanese do it the opposite way to us Brits, people stand on the left side while the right is for those in a hurry*.
Then to get to where I'm training in Fujisawa, it takes about 5minutes, only 1 stop away. Better than some people who have a 40 minute or even 1hour journey to get in!!
Training is everyday this week 10am to 6pm, work work work!!! holiday this aint!! :P
Monday was a little input lesson, with lots of talking very much like a TEFL teaching lesson for those of you who have done one, and can remember what it was like :)


S

No comments: