Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Hajimemashite!!!

Konnichiwa!!! From the land of the rising sun!!! ^_^
So here I am finally!!
I know I know!! I'd been saying it for so long that it seemed that I'd never go, but go I did and it surprised a few people, even suprised me!!
Time went by so quickly that i didn't get to say goodbye to everyone, for which i am very sorry for. So we should backtrack to Saturday so we that we start this right.
The flight was 12 hours long, not too bad if your used to flying to place like Hong Kong, so I was fine with it. I somehow managed to meet up with the other teachers even though I wasn't looking for them, which was a stoke of luck. A group of english people talking about Japan, not really too difficult :P
Managed to watch Walace and Gromit which I missed when it was showing around the cinemas. Which was cool, and really liked it :))) a very british movie to send me off. Also got to see a new Japanese film called Shinobi which wasnt too bad but could have been better me thought. Have to say first time flyer on ANA, it was really good. If you havent been you can actually forward,pause and rewind anything on the service!! movies and music!! so if u missed a bit then you can just rewind back!! so much better than having to wait for the next showing on BA!!
We arrive at Narita airport on Sunday 26th at about 4 (had to circle round for a bit because of too much traffic). On arrival we were met by poeple from Shane (the company I'm teaching with) . Weather was a bit chilly, but no where near as cold as UK, easy for us hard as nails Brits :P. Not much to say about Sunday, apart from the fact that the journey from Narita airport to ourside of Japan took us over 2hours by train ::SSS and after the flight we were all pretty much nackered and in serious need of some sleep.
One of the people called Shane took me to my temporary appartment in Tsujido, I'm actually going to be teaching in Nagoya but I'm training in Fujisawa. Got me bedding into the place and after arranging it slumped on the bed and conked out. So endeth the first day :D


S

No comments: