Friday, March 31, 2006

Itsuka to Muika

Thursday
Last day of real training for all of us, Friday the rest will be writing their first lessons with help from the people at head office. While I'll be hoping on the Shinkansen (bullet train for those who don't know) down all the way to Nagoya. Much to my annoyance this means that I will be missing the party friday night after the session. Drinks and food were all paid for and everything!! Shikusho!!! :((((.
Today was particularly long as we went through a lot of material today. As a consequence not everyone was up for going out. In the end four us decided to meet up just for dinner. We had a chinese, which wasnt too bad, different to the chinese food im used to much less greasy :P. After the meal everyone headed their seperate ways, I said my goodbyes and promised to keep in touch :'(
Feels weird having to leave this place, just as i was getting used to it, and having to get used to a whole new area again. Plus the fact all the others are up here as well :( ah well, always look on the bright side eh? Nagoya here I come!!!!
Friday
Woke up at 7.30 today which seems to be my body wake up time at the mo, even though I'm not telling myself to wakeup at that time.
*Interesting fact about me :) - I have a very good body clock, I just tell my self when to wake up and I will always wake up 1hour before the time I tell myself*
Since I was leaving the flat for the last time, I decided to tidy up the place and leave it as I had found it, except for a rubbish bag with some rubbish that I couldn't get rid of.
*Interesting fact about Japan - Japan has a system where different kinds of rubbish is picked up different days. We have burnable/recyclable, unburnable, and bottles&cans. Each has to seperated into a seperate colour bag and put out on the corresponding day. Unfortunately I had missed the day for the rubbish that I had and so couldn't get rid of it :/*
I had to lug all me luggage to the station from me flat, and knowing that, I set off extra early. After many many many stops I managed to finally get to the station :P
Saw some more Sakura trees while i rested so I took some pictures:

Still amazed at their beauty :). So after a 40minutes I got to Odawara station which is the station you go to to catch the Shinkansen. Bue to a miscalculation however I managed to get there nearly an hour before my train :P so I had time to get breakie. Deciding not to venture too far from the station I found a small Japanese noodlebar and had pork ramen. Very yummy ^_^
After wasting most of the extra time I had I headed to the platform got on me train and headed off to Nagoya, more pix :P

The whole journey from Odawara to Nagoya took just over an hour. Not too shabby if you get to look at a map and see the actual distance :P
Managed to meet my contact, a woman called Hasegawa, at the station, though there was some confusion as to where we were supposed to meet. Someone told me to meet her near a big metal clock, however what they didn't say what colour!!! as I discovered afterwards there was more than one clock, and she had been waiting near blue clock while I was near a gold one :P ah well alls well that ends well, and together we headed to my flat. And after lots of really long and annoying stairs and a very long walk we managed to get to it (with me competely bushwhacked). So ends this post, I'm going to explore a bit while its still light.
Mata ne




S

No comments: