Sunday, May 07, 2006

Three for one!!

After the events of Tuesday, Wednesday was spent playing a bit more Tennis.
My tennis is moving along, still needs lots of practice but I am getting better if a bit slowly :P.
Thursday then was spent participating in another first for me.Watching a Baseball game. Football is okay over here, but the Nagoya team isn't particualarly good. The Baseball team however are very good, and are at this moment 2nd in the league to the Tokyo Giants.

(Tis a very bad pic I know, and this was when I really really hated the fact I don't have a good camera *sigh*)
Our seats were pretty good and you could see most of all that happened. As for the game itself, it was very enjoyable. The game peters in and out, with the begining being a duel of the pitchers, and not much in the way of hitting. the 2nd half picked up and we had one home run (from the opposing team bbooo!!). In the end the Chunichi Dragons (Nagoya) ran out 3-1 winners yay!!.
A very good day out and will probably go again ^_^.
On to Thursday, and a bout of trekking in the countryside. Alex, Brent and I took a train from Nagoya station out to a place called Sekigahara near Gifu. It's the place of a very famous battle, which resulted in much of Japan being united. Before we took a look at the battlefield and the touristy things there, we decided to trek it up one of the mountains of which there were many.
Starting at about 11 we trekked for about 2hours, going seriously offroad at the end.

(1st and 2nd pics-A shrine we saw on the way up, 3rd pic-Brent and Alex taking a break, you can see from the growth around us that we were deep in there, with no walking path in sight)
Following our little adventure in the mountain, we met up with a student of Brent and Alexs' who lived in the area called Sai. However we didn't just meet her, we met up with her,her friend and her family!! lol!!
Anyway with their help we managed to go round and visit the important points in the battle.

And last but not least Saturday, which was saw me play a little bit more of that game were you hit the ball over a net :P
Today saw the problems I have at the moment with the game. My game just seems to swing up and down. It started with my serve completely messing up, with me hitting everyone on my frame :( very annoying. And ended with me serving two aces in one service game, and finishing the other two off with a serve volley each time. At the moment I'm putting a lot of work into my serve. It's really my second serve, as the first serve will just be a blaster. This serve is the one only twist serve!!! haha and it is a proper twist serve, it's side and top spin together. Still need practice but it's coming along and when it works it really works ^_^ The rest of my game just needs hitting practice. I need to practice hitting it at full pelt and getting a feel for the ball.


S

No comments: