Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Tokyo baby!!!

Hey hey!! wwooohhoo an update!!! ^_^
Well have to say been a bit lazy on these now, and the finding the time to do this properly is a bit troublesome, but I'm trying my best.
Big bro should also do some updates but he's even lazier than me it seems (if that's even possible :P)
So whats to say?
Well last week had a nice event in the form of Nicky and some friends coming over to Japan. Being the older brother Nicky pulled rank on me and had me come all the way up to Tokyo, instead of him coming to Nagoya, the bum!! :D
Anyway I didn't really mind as I hadn't been to Tokyo yet. I was only up for two days but still managed to fit in quite a bit.
Big bro and his friends stayed in a hotel called Sunshine City Prince in a place called Ikebukuro.


Coming up on the Sunday, I stayed the night there as well. We were on the 25th floor or something I can't remember now, but it was pretty high up and the view wasn't bad to boot.

First up on this magical mystery tour was Akihabara. For those who don't know, it's the techonological centre of Tokyo, where all the latest gizmos and gadgets are at.
We went looking for a Nintendo DS lite, unfortunately for us the thing was sold out everywhere we went :((((
Next up was Asakusa which harbours a very nice temple and was the reason for our visit.
Leading up to the temple is a street full of little shops much like your local market, but Japanese style.

Here's a load of pictures of the place. 2nd one has a side profile of big bro :P
The temple is quite famous and the thing it is most famous for is a really big red lantern
(6th picture), which is hung up at the entrance.
The last place we went to was Shibuya. Again for those who aren't so enlightened it's the clothes shopping central of Tokyo.

The group wanted to all go clothes shopping, but big gro and I didn't really feel like it so, we parted ways for a bit. And while they were off shopping we found the nearest arcade and got in some quality thumb bashing :P
We ended playing the latest version of Virtua Tennis, called Smash Tennis 3 over here. Very good and will definitely play again when I get the chance.
Dinner was a eaten in a large ramen noodle restaurant, after which I quickly said my goodbyes and caught the last shinkansen back home to Nagoya. The end. :)



S

1 comment:

Obiter said...

Did you ask for permission before sticking big bro's piccie up? ;D
Make him write more posts!