Monday, May 15, 2006

To infinity and beyond!!

Hey hey all ^_^
So not much happening in the posting department, because to be honest nothing new happening at the moment lol
Think I've settled now, getting used to the system and people around me and the area I live in.
Been paid as well!! Woohoo!! loaded!! not!! :P
First few months I wont get full pay, because I have to pay off the money for the bedding which they got us at the begining, but hey I got money!! Woohoo!! Now what to spend it on? hehe
Last week was the first week of my 'proper' schedule, as I may have said before. For the last few weeks I've been covering various teachers, and been traveling to a lot of different schools. Now, finally I have a fixed schedule with all regular students. All except Wednesday where one of the teachers pulled a sickie. So the head of staff, Gareth, decided to take my day, and shift me to the other teacher's day. Now a quite a few of the other teachers have told me that Gareth is a bit lazy and I from this incident I can see why. My Wednesday being a pretty empty day, and instead of letting me get to know my students, he takes my day and moves me to the busier schedule of the sick teacher :/ Well he's a good guy so I let him off.
Other than that, the only other thing to happen last week was a belated welcome party for Scott, Julian and I the new teachers to Nagoya. It had been pushed back due to Julians late arrival (2 weeks ago). We went to a very nice a popular restaurant chain call Murazaki. Basically lots of finger type food, with a lot of variety. A bit pricey but recommended :))
Yesturday I played a bit of Tennis, and officially joined the school, paying for 6 lessons in advance. The session was pretty good. Forehand is getting more solid and I'm begining to give it a bit of whack as well. I like the fact my strokes are the most extreme they can be. Not just top-spin, but super top-spin!! hehe. Backhand is a joke though :(( I seem to tighten up on it and dont follow through properly so it just goes everywhere bbbooooo. The session finished with a game which was cool. I said before I've been practicing my 'twist' serve which will be my 2nd serve, but I havent really practiced my banger of a 1st serve. So I decided to try it out in this game. 1st serve banger 2nd serve twist serve ^_^ Managed to get two bangers in.1st one was the best!!
Absolutely pummeled the ball and the it landed about 1 inch from the middle line!! The guy barely moved to react to it!! saiko!!! :D 2nd one was to the same guy, I saw he had moved towards the middle to cover the line, so I sliced it out wide and got him as well :P
Well I'm off to the main office to get some work done, then I'm meeting someone I've been emailing for a bit. I got some emails ,from the Nagoya international centre, of people (mainly female :P) who wanted a language exchange. I thought I might as well, as a way of meeting new people, so I've been emailing a few people and I'm meeting one of them today for coffee. Wish me luck!! teehee gambarimasu!!



S

No comments: