Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The First day

Tuesday
The first day of work arrives and I've got a major hangover, what a way to start the new job eh?
Somehow I manage to recover enough to get all my stuff together and set off on time. My first lesson is with a 2 and 1/2 year old girl called Sumika. And she is the cutest thing ever!! and a prefect parrot!! At that age we are not expecting much in the way of production and if you get them to say one word in English its considered a success. Sumika is an exception in that she can repeat nearly all the words I throw at her. She probably doesnt know what the mean, but her pronunciation is good, and she does already recognise some colours and objects. An amazing little girl. One thing that I was told about her prior to the lesson was that she was a bit of cry baby, and that she cried at the slightest thing. Somehow though I managed to get through the whole lesson without her crying!! much to the astonishment of the secretary who also told me she liked to cry. Big yay for me!! :))))
The next class was an adult class full of housewives, a very relaxing and enjoyable class very much like the classes I used to teach back in the UK. The next two were young classes of ages between 6-9. Lost of games were played but I struggled to think of enough games and lots of time was spent thinking of things to do. I need to make better plans is the moral of that story. Then the last two classes were private one to one lessons, which worked resonably well, but again need to plan better.
Well thats the first day over, not to bad I think and fingers crossed I'll get better as I go along.
Ta ta for now



S

1 comment:

Obiter said...

Hope all is well! Interesting entries :)