Saturday, April 29, 2006

Just a quicky

Yo peeps,
So just a quick and short update today.
First a little information about a nice phenomenon here in Japan. There's a few second hand shops over here, but the biggest and best of these is call BOOKOFF.

They also have other branches, I've seen another one for clothes which I can't remember the name of, and one for games and toys called HOBBYOFF ^_^ (original name init?)
Anyway in BOOKOFF you can find 2nd hand CDs,DVDs,Videos and (for those who haven't cottoned onto it yet) books!!
Now I like a good read as the next person, but the thing that has really taken my fancy is the Manga section!! which is massive!! and each one for 100yen (50p). Basically I could buy a whole series for hardly anything!! For example Hikaru no go is 23 volumes so I could get it all for 2300 yen which is just over a tenner!! ssswweeett :))) Just a thought now, because I'm kinda skint and saving the pennies but will definitely invest in some when I have the dosh.

As for moi, 1st day of the golden week break and I'm spending it at home. Doing housework and stuff. Gonna try and get the TV to work today, and also gonna sort out my Japanese notes and get some revision in. A nice thing that happened this morning, one of my neighbours (a nice Japanese lady who always says good morning to me), decided to stop and have a chat with me ^_^. Was very brief as she was heading off but still very nice. Ja ne



S

No comments: