Friday, April 14, 2006

Reflection time

Wednesday
A nice and easy day, with my favourite receptionist and one of my favourite students at the moment :)))
Had to get up early again, like most of the days this week, because I'm trying to get my AR card done. This time I went to the office to get a certificate which I can use to open a bank account.
While waiting for the bus I took some pix :P:

They are of a shrine in Ueda.
Lesson was fun, and I followed that with a Taiken which wasn't too bad either.
The day ends in Parco and a new student called would you believe Aki!! lol Wednesday is Aki day :P

Thursday
From the relaxed to the busy, I decide to try and get everything together to open a bank acount. By sheer luck I bump into the head of the Japanese staff, and she offers to help me. Result!!
So after a long a slightly painful process I manage to get me and account yay!!
After that its work and a whole day at Parco. The day ends up being one of the most fun days I've had teaching and the day went down without a hitch ^_^ shame this day is a cover as I like the classes on this day and was starting to get a really good repore with the students. Next 2 weeks I'm off somewhere else, fingers crossed I can come back.

Friday
Another easy day starts with my 1st lie-in in a while. I clean the flat and get some washing done, lessons starts at 1 and was a nice relaxed one. Met a new receptionist and she happens to like to play tennis, and was nice enought to tell where I could find places to play. And even said i could join her and her friends sometimes which was nice.
Day ends again in Parco and I have one taiken lesson, was supposed to have two but the other was canceled because the person couldn't make it. Lost of free time today so I spend it planning my lessons for next week, I have an observation next week, so gotta make sure I plan properly :/. After work I decide to join some of the other teachers for a quiz night (even though I'm shit at quizes). Saying that at the end of the night I end up winning the thing!! lol though I have to say most of it was down to m partner :P

So ends my 2nd week of work, and now the third week I've been in Japan!! Almost a month!!
Thoughts so far? I like I like!! Nothing I can really say I dislike at the moment. Though one of the teachers told me this theory on how working in another country works, and that its usually takes on average about a year to get used to a place. First there's the Honeymoon period where everything smells of roses, then after that your supposed to have the 1st of 2 breackdowns where you hate everything, then its okayish then another breakdown then your okay with most of everything. So that would make me in the honeymoon part :)
Dunno if thats going to happen with me, but time will tell. Feel like I'm fitting in quite well, and not feeling out of place or anything. Still much to do and plenty to see, so you could say things can only get better ^_^
*Interesting fact about me - I'm an absolute pessimist and always think the worst will happen, which why I usually carry an umbrella with me even if its sunny. So when things go well I'm always content*

No comments: