Sunday, April 02, 2006

More Exploration

Zuzuku..
Sunday
On to today and the weather has made a turn for the worst with a bout of terential rain :(((
Stupidly I hadn`t bought myself an unbrella yet d`oh!!! after having seen one in the conveniance store yesturday as well!! *sigh* So basically I had to speed walk it to the nearest conveniance store and buy any unbrella I could find lol.
First stop today was the Nagoya international centre. Kwok had told me,the day before, that I would be able to find a notice board with people wanting to offload stuff, and information on various things in Nagoya like Japanese classes. After lots of walking around like a headless chicken (which I do very well since coming here :P) I found the right floor and the notice board too. I also picked up a lot of pamphlets of information about Nagoya (bag much heavier than when I got there ^_^). Wasn`t alot on the notice board but still took down a few emails for people selling stuff. There was section for wanting work and it was full of English teachers :))
There was also a board for language exchange where people want to meet friends to chat and learn another language. Most of the people on there were girls :P so obviously i took down a few. Not that I would use my status as a teacher to my advantage of course,but it might be nice way to meet people ;))
After having a bite to eat I decided to head to Sakae. This I was told was the centre of Nagoya, and I can say that it`s pretty much as you would expect a centre to be.

Lots of tall buildings, shopping centres, big name stores etc etc. Since it was still raining quite a bit, I decided to duck into an internet cafe after a painful conversation in broken japanese, I found out that if you fill out a form you can join and get 2hours free if you show your card :)))
I'm gonna remember that place lol
Didn't get to meet up with Kwok this time, he had to cover a shift because someone called in sick, so he was knackered out. So I ended up going back to Yagoto to do some shopping. Picked a 'few' things and lugged them back to me place. Now sitting home, just had some noodles for dinner :) and have to do some ironing now and read up on some stuff for tommorow when I'll be going in for the 1st time.
Ki o tsukete ne?
Mata ne


S

No comments: