Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Tourist thing

Hey ho again,
Another day another update ^_^
So the day started off nicely with some spectacular weather, and a nice sessoin of Tennis. 2nd lesson and still much to work on. Groundstrokes are a bit wishy washy, don't have the same control over my shots as in Badminton. I can't seem to hit it gently, either I hit or I don't. If I try to hit it nice and easy, it just balloons or it goes in the net :(. Volleys are my best shot, apart from a few miss hits they're ace :P Today we practiced smashing which I can do in Badminton but Tennis is another matter. Another shot to work on, but I'm enjoying playing.
On a side note I decided to see if I could play with contacts, and it turns out a can!! yay!!
I have had contacts before back in UK, but for some reason(either they were dodgy or something) I couldn't play Badminton at all with them. I couldn't seem to judge the distance to the shuttle properly while in flight :S.
Anyway after Tennis I had thought to go see the Nagoya castle, but I forgot to check when it closes and only looked after Tennis which finished around two. After that I had lunch and did an errand and it was 3, with Nagoya castle finishing at 4 I decided against it. So instead I decided to try the tourist sites around Sakae.
First I went to see the Oasis21:

It's a platform which you can go up and walk on. Also theres shops on levels which go down below it.

1st picture is what on top of the platform, 2nd is the view from the top :) At that moment it started to cloud over so the pictures aren't as good :( 3rd picture is of the bottom floor where there was this bike show.
After that, I went for a walk down Hiyasa-odori park, which is this big long park down the centre of Sakae:

It's split up with roads between each section. In the centre section there's a large space, where on Sundays, it seems to harbour a big market of somesort. On another note there always seems to be some form of music or another, usually there's a lot of buskers around, but instead of the buskers you get in the UK, you get a whole band busking!!
Today there were a few around, but there was also this small percussion group who were playing some latin beats, and had a few people dancing along with them (2nd picture).
I sat down in the park for a bit, and some Japanese revision done. Then I spent sometime in an internet cafe and headed home ^_^ The End ^_^



S

No comments: