Thursday, April 27, 2006

T-minus 1day till holiday!!

Hey hey another update arent you all lucky? ^_^

Ssssoo backtrack to Sunday and I had my little does of Tennis. Which was very enjoyable. Felt good to get up and running about and hitting something with a racket lol. The instructor was a nice guy and he attempted to speak to me in English and I attempted to speak back in Japanese :))). The lesson itself was all in Japanese and though I only caught bits and pieces I was able to participate quite thoroughly. At the moment my groundstrokes still a bit dodgy, specially the backhand but my volleying is ace!! Tim henman eat your heart out!! teehee looks like my badminton skills to transfer a bit then.
*Interesting fact about me - I was part of my schools Tennis squad and played the occasional match. I also used to have lessons at David llyods Tennis centre in Chigwell through junior school*
Will have another trial lesson this Sunday as well, then I gotta see if I wana join up or not, probably will but need to get paid first :/
As for the week, its been a pretty nackering week all round. Only one regular day this week, the rest have been covers and they've all been full days finishing at 9 or there abouts.
Classes are going quite well but I'm averaging about 50/50 on kids lessons, one bad then one good and so on. Adults I would say its about 70/30. Still work in progress me O.O
For those in the know, and have had teaching experiance, I would share a thought. I think for me teaching is much like performing or even acting (especially with kids). I was never one for acting and hated Drama classes at school, so its strange that I have to do it for a living. Difference between teachers and actors and that, we are also directors and have control of how everything plays out ^_^ well just a thought.
Anything else to say? well just got me self a TV!!! yay!! for the grand price of 3000 yen, which is about 15 quid, not too shabby I think :P. Ja ne.


S

No comments: